The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NEWS!





Can we say WOW!  It is so very funny how things work out.  Two of R’s friends came into town from NE this week-end.  B is getting out of the Air Force soon and they are looking to move back to St Louis.   R and I are moose-sitting for them, their dog Whiskey. B and B, and Baby H, went house-hunting while they were here this past week-end. 
It seems that we did not buy my house for me.  We really bought it for them.  As soon as B walked into that house, I knew it was their house. 
So, what does this mean?  Thankfully, it does not mean full-throttle choke a horse you have to move out so fast move for me.  It does mean a move…but R and I are combining households now, rather than later.
The original plan was to buy ‘my’ house for the kids and me.  Then R would get a better job, or the kids and I would stay there long enough to build up the payment history on the place as a rental, then buy a third larger house (the four bedroom house w 3+ acres of land)…we all move into the big house and rent out the two little houses. 
The plan now is…to figure out what stays and what goes in both houses so we can get everything from both houses into one house…
First thing we need to do is …have the carpets at R’s removed and the floors (which are hardwood) treated and fixed up.  Then the heavy lifting shall ensue. 
B and B will be back in 2 weeks w a load of their stuff.  I do not have to have everything out by then; they simply need a space to put their stuff…which is cool.  The weird thing is…if I had to have that house empty in 2 weeks, I could do it.  I could move all the smaller stuff on my own during the day/week…and R and I could pick one day to rent a trailer or truck or whatever and move the big stuff.
Except…we’re waiting to find out about the when of the floors…and I have N all week this week.
Aside here:
            I got a call from T last Thursday telling me that was N’s last day of school for the year and could he drop N that day.  Fine.  But…he “just” found out that was N’s very last day of school?  He couldn’t have thought to mention that, say, the week before, at E’s birthday party when we were discussing N’s summer?         
            Which leads to my next point.  R, E and I planned to go canoeing on Memorial Day (yesterday)…and didn’t think N would enjoy it.  I told T this …the week-end of E’s party.  I wanted to make sure he had plenty of heads up.  Now, at the party/that week-end, T had asked if I wanted to have N for 1 week at a time out of every 4 during the summer, as N has some sort of school camp or something all summer.  I am assuming, because I will never be told, that it has something to do w the autistic therapy or whatever.  No dates or weeks were ever mentioned, suggested, told or said.  All I was told was classes run for three weeks and then N has a week off.  Again, I assumed T would give us some heads up on which weeks were ours…especially, at least, the first week, knowing that T would assume I can count 3 weeks and know that N would be there the fourth. With me still? 
We drop N off at T’s on Sunday, so that T has N for Memorial Day.  T kept asking me what time we’d be back after canoeing.  I for the life of me could not figure out why the man was so interested in knowing when we’d be back.  It didn’t make any sense to me.  I think he asked me like five times before I finally asked why he needed to know.  For the record, I wasn’t being coy…I kept saying, I don’t know what time we’ll be back.  We’re going canoeing.  We don’t actually have a schedule or a time frame.  We were thinking canoe most of the day and then do some other things after canoeing, maybe, depending upon how everyone felt.  No real set plans.  Come to find out, THIS week is N’s first week off.  I had NO idea.  If T had spoken up sooner about it, I would have changed things around a bit so that N stayed w us on Memorial Day, because it’s silly to drive the boy back and forth that way.  It makes him mean and nasty tempered too.  We are currently not only dog sitting Whiskey, we are also dog sitting Bear, who is an older grand dame much set in her ways…and who is not exactly overjoyed by Kendall, much less Whiskey…and four dogs, three of whom already know each other, now shut up in one house….means pack hierarchy issues for the first few days…not fun w dogs growling and snarling and having to worry where both kids are when the snarfing commences…
R was upset, to put it nicely, over the lack of communication by T…but as I told him…it’s been nearly eight years and now and then, I see an improvement, but overall, I have to say the complete lack of consideration for the schedules of others and the lack of communication at all levels has not changed…and there is no way to make it change either.  Short of someone else taking over his communication commitments and doing it for him.  He thinks I don’t want to see him w someone.  I have ALWAYS wanted to see him w someone so that he can be happy.  Now I want someone decent in his life so that R and I have a better chance at having someone in that household with whom to communicate at a normal level so that we can all have a better relationship together…which is all I have every asked for in the first place. 
Which reminds me…I really need to ask T what week in July N has off because I am planning to go to WV for a few days then…July?  I must be crazy…

So, we had SO much fun w B, B, and H this week-end.  Both kids got to swim in the pool at their hotel.  I could not believe how much N loved it.  Now, he has always loved water…but the boy darn near dove into 5 feet deep waters without a second thought.  No, he cannot swim.  B and B have a 6yo dd who lives w her mom that got to visit on Sunday…E and she were totally inseparable the entire time.  It was so awesome.  I cannot WAIT for these guys to move in nearby…this is going to be TERRIFIC.
In the meantime…let me start off by saying I had a much better time w B and B than I would have had if I had stuck to my own plans this past week-end.  First, we did make it to value village and I bought N not only a bunch of summer type clothes…some shorts and T shirts (we had to buy him swim trunks so we could take him swimming w us…T is still on the whole send only the too small and too holey stuff w N, if and when he sends stuff for N to wear…but I’m not going to worry about that anymore…we buy N clothes and N actually prefers they stay here w us…his favorite shirt was one N picked out himself, a collared shirt w stars.  He loves that thing so much and I always ask him if he wants to wear it or take it back to T’s w him and N throws fits to make sure it doesn’t leave my house…), plus I also bought him some pants/jeans for when colder weather comes along…they were 50% off…I sort of had to do it…it’s the mom in me…
We did not make it to the Book House for their Memorial Day Sale.  Yeah, I know…as if I need more books.
I did recently go through my bookcases, at least partially.  I have a big box of books to sell or donate.  And that is only the beginning.  I was surprised by the knitting and crochet and other crafting books I decided to let go of…now I have a better reason to let go of some more too…now that we are moving…
We did not make it to Kirkwood Knittery either for their Memorial Day sale.  Which is a shame, because I was sort of wanting to buy some dyed roving to play w, to play w needle felting a little bit more.  No huge loss.  I was looking for some bulky weight cotton and/or cotton blend to continue to play w the ribby tank I keep making over and over…I do believe I saved money and actually bought more yarn when I ordered from smileys yarns this morning…originally, I was planning to order some cotton blends from knitpicks.  And now they are having a sale…of course!!  Which is fine…I am still WAY happier with what I ordered this morning…I bought some soy yarn that I am going to use in place of Noro for the sweater I want to make…along w the cotton yarn to make several tank tops that I can actually wear in the summer heat. 
Ok…I really must go to my house and start working on something there…
More to come…very very soon…