The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Done--Right? Uhm, No...But Still...

Oh, the comments I have...

So, I was awakened this morning...some creepy little nose-picking kid (you have to be here to see why I harp on that some days...really) woke me up way too early....then the dog had to go out...and the neighbors scare her (not that I blame her) .... and the Muse started to whisper, with a cudgel, in my ear...actually when I finally crashed at 4am this morning, the Muse was still talking to me.  I kept telling her if it was that important, she should hang on to it, verbatim, until morning.  I should have said until I was awake and cognizant..but hey...she woke up me, with the first paragraph still intact from the morning before :-) ...and I of course had to sit down and write it...

I wrote 2206 words this morning.  My official nano word count is :
with the drum roll in the background....

50563 words

Which means, like, I'm done writing the novel, right?
No.  Not at all actually.  :-)  It means I am done trying to win the NaNoWriMo contest...because I hit the 50000 word marker.

Not counting rewrites and editing, I still have a lot of writing to do.  This is not your little 50000 word novel, not by a long shot.  Despite the fact that during rewrites, most of what I have now is going to hit the use it later in another story bin, I still have a good bit of writing into this version of the novel.  And I haven't really done anything more than get the ball rolling...unless I plan to write gobs of chapter books about these characters...which, ya know, could happen, should I develop a following for them...but I don't know...that's far too much for me to think about right this second...

I think I want to get the story basics down and out first before I start carving it up with the editing knife.
No way is this going to fit into any romance genre.  No way it touches the paranormal aspect I had so wanted to include.  It's raw and it's gritty, in a calm and weird way.  There are too many other things, too many other aspects, I have yet to even touch upon yet.

I am loving it too.

This was only the morning writing run too.  R has plans for this evening so I won't be camped out in his arms on his couch tonight...I will be slaving away at my computer--after removing the popcorn that grows like tribbles all over the house on the weekends when N is here.  :-)

I want my cookie now, see.  I hit the 50000 word mark.  I want my cookie.  I deserve it.  lol
Actually, I think I want a nice meal, with some sort of apple--or peach--cobbler, with a nice thick rich coffee for dessert....

Imagine what I will want once I actually finish the novel....not just the contest....
lol

Ok--I'll get back to you in a few....