The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Friday, November 6, 2009

Nano Update

Snarf.

22761 words into this work--and I had an idea for a new direction.

The joy of this particular story is it's one that I have had roaming through my brain for over twenty years.  That means I have all sorts of background information and ideas and time flows and too many other things.
Even though when I sat down to write that intro an entirely NEW character popped up and wanted his say as well...which is cool...because technically he's been in the background for the past few years without me really realizing it...so focused have I been on other aspects...

The thing is...the change in direction can encompass all of what I have already written--with some heavy re-writing -- so I am not in need of tossing everything...except the notes I have been running from--and changing the order of things...

I was wondering how 'fair' it would be to keep what I have rather than starting over--and the overall consensus seems to be--keep it--this is the rough draft....

Although now i am interested to see which way this direction takes me--it's not that this changed has altered what I want to write--and since this is a draft I haven't really paid too much attention to things like oh verb tense (which bugs me when I go back to figure out where I left off night after night) --  I think revelation is a much better term, now that I think about it.

So, last night, and today as I sit here waffling and baffling over things, I think I can say yes, the direction changed, but it was more of a solidification of things on some levels...as well as a shift in focus of the work...without really shifting all too much...

Cool.




Wait.  You have to get a really good visual on the Muse working w me on this one.  Now, usually I have a series of Muses to help with things when I write, but apparently I asked for a specific Muse to help with this Nano project, to keep me on track--and to date you have to admit she's been doing a wonderful job...

But you have to SEE her...
I hate to be cliche, but can we say Dominatrix Vampire here?
Whiter than white rose petal skin, that not shiny but waxy skin that looks so soft you could sink into it for days....
Black black waves of hair framing her face, spilling over her shoulders, down her back.
Big wide black eyes, with long fluttery lashes and thick black eyebrows all arched and perfectly groomed.
Blood red, dried blood red, scarlet maroon lips lush lips.  Not Angelina Jolie lips.  But still, lickable.
Tall, thin but not model thin.  Not bony.  Curvy.  Not overly buxom.  Round fertile hips.  A leather bustier/corset tightly tightly laced.  Low riding more than skin tight black leather pants.  Eight inch stiletto heeled over the knee laced up boots, in again black leather.  Black finger nails.  In her hand a cat-of-nine tails flicking back and forth as if it were a cat's tail.
And she doesn't sit.  She paces.  Paces back and forth.  She has this smile on her face.  Not as if the kitty just ate the cream, but the wily cat just snatched the canary up and there's not feather one trace to be found.  More than a Mona Lisa smile.  This is devious and cunning...while still maintaining the I am all sugar and spice facade.
She has a name.  I dare not utter it aloud.  Lest I feel her vengeance.  I know better.  :-)

If you've ever read the stuff I've written about my Muses...you know...you don't mess with them.  Brutal is an understatement.

And now that that devil has been given her due, I think I better turn my brain round to making notes, re-arranging notes, working on the new direction.  I surely do not wish to keep this particular Muse waiting too long.  :-)

This has started to blossom into a really beautiful day...