The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Sunday, August 30, 2009

You Wanted To See The Dresses?


I don't know how well the colours show up on anyone else's screen...and I am sorry for how very lame the pic is...but I took it w both kids running around and that was the best I could do off the top of my head....and w a 60 pound squirrel on my hip (ds) to boot...

The one is ice blue--I bought it eons ago--it was supposed to be for my fifth wedding anniversary, which we never got to...if I remember correctly we were divorced before our fourth anniversary...but still living together and sleeping together at that time (I was pregnant w E then)....oddly enough...the dress was bought so that we could renew our vows on our fifth anniversary since we had originally eloped instead of having an actual wedding....

This time, I still don't want a huge to-do when I get married. I want something small and intimate and basically very family-only oriented....unless I can con the guy into a trip to Vegas.....although my daughter wants me to do the whole wedding thing...where there is a trip down the aisle and all the formal garbage...the ring bearer, the flower girl, the maids of honor...ye gods and little fishes...I'll do it, but on a small scale...small....E would be happy if we had 100, maybe even 1000 people there....me, I want maybe ten, tops, including the groom, me and the two kids, plus a minister/justice of the peace....so you know I am not aiming nearly so large as E...although she can have whatever she wants fairly much at the reception, which can have 100 people, or a 1000 people, or whatever she and R desire, cause once the vows are exchanged in a delicate and tasteful manner....let the Irish in me out, baby, cause I am here to play....

This ice blue dress is a very simple shift, mostly straight down, nearly floor length if I remember correctly. I will definitely need a shawl or something, especially if I wear my hair up....I love my tattoos and I stand by them, but I don't want that to be the only things you see in the wedding photos...sorry....

The turquoise one is one I picked up at random on etsy months ago....it's hand-made--and it does not require a petticoat under it to make it pouff out either. It is very cool and fits like a dream. And it covers up alot more tattoos than the other one...and undergarments are much more forgiving under this one than the other. The ice blue will outline every little detail.... the turquoise is ...it's heavenly....and it is very sturdy and well-made and I don't want to say heavy exactly...but it is not feather light either.

I like them both. And since they were both bought for the same reason, wedding dress, but under vastly different circumstances and for very different men (the ex-husband and then what I call the shadow-dream man who no longer exists) I may go with either one or neither ...and now I am looking at spending my life w my very best friend...and these dresses are terrific...but who knows...I may get an entirely different dress when R and I get married one of these days.....we'll have to see...

Ok...so I am still afraid of that level of commitment..but the man is wearing on me and growing on me...and he has always been the one man I could see in my life until the end of my days...I just never imagined we'd be together as a couple when I knew this before...now that whole married with children forever and ever...it's here and it's not going away....better than that--I don't want it to go away.....so there ya are on that....