The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Forget The Word of The Day...

Here's to the word of the year...

I so love the picture at Leah’s blog, her dreamboard for the Blue Moon…it is quite like the visions that have been flowing in and out of my head for a week or so now…

I may only now be trying to settle back into a semi-normal routine (guess it won’t really be normal until the house is more unpacked and settled, and R and I figure out how to handle the sleeping arrangements…because we are too addicted to sleeping together and the whole two houses between us, well, some days I know it’s a good thing, and others…I wish I had been able to hand him the extra money it would have taken to buy the bigger house for all of us—I just have to content myself w giving him the money to buy his SUV, even though he threatens me every time I say I am going to do it…yes, I will buy him a vehicle and not myself…he’s driving…not me…I’m good with that, really)…but I haven’t stopped thinking…planning…pondering….

Even before Leah mentioned Christine Kane or her download for the theme word of the year…I was already heading in that sort of direction, if not quite so concisely. I have only begun to meander through the worksheet…when I downloaded it a few days ago, I was in the middle of other things. But the word itself was already in my head, thanks to my friend Sarah:

FLY

Fly. I am certain I will come back later, after working more with Christine’s worksheet, and be able to fill in more details.
With my Totem though, Fly seems all too right. Fly past the fears. Fly past the negative comments. Fly past the people who never understood in the first place. Fly. Soar. Cover so much more ground with a bird’s eye view perspective.

But there is another word that keeps creeping in as well:

Flow…

As in going with the flow, moving over the rough patches like a wave over a stone or a fallen tree trunk in teh river, following the stream, embedding fingers of water into new and indirect places as the tides ebb and flow…gaining ground with the gentle but consistent effects of water wearing away stone…

So, I think I have a combination here…and I think I am happy with that.

Here is to the open freedom inherent in flying and in flowing…and here is to the Journey, taking me to places I do not yet fully realize or know as yet…along with the Path I am in the process of seeking to establish for myself for this coming year….

Peace…