The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, February 4, 2010

8Things: Things I've Learned In The Past Little Bit

8Things for today...
What 8 Lessons has life been dealing you these past few months?

Things I Have Learned In The Past Little Bit

Hmmm....

1.  R and I have a rock solid foundation that nothing is going to shake...learning just how solid and how deep our bond and our comittment to one another is has alleviated so many fears and issues for the two of us it's stunning...this knowledge has give us both a new-found strength and sense of calm...for me myself, it's helped me not just reach up for a whole new level in my life...it's made me look even farther afield than I normally would otherwise...I am doing more than jsut looking outside the box...I am building an entirely different box...

2.  No matter what I cook, someone is going to be too finicky to eat it...but cereal will soothe every hungry tummy well enough...and I should not feel guilty about that ...even when all I want to do is cook a nice meal to have a family sit down and some little snot finds everything...icky...even when it's things she swears on other nights she loves....and she has to eat...no missing meals just because she's too stubborn to eat--blood sugar issues...

3.Where I am, in all my abilities and spaces, is more than good enough.  I really do not have to fight so hard to accomplish anything...all things in their own time.  The less I fight, the better things are.

4.  The things I say and do are actually getting through--the kids repeat things I've told them...and do things unasked that I have asked them to do in the past--the dogs rely on me as their door opener--and when I holler they clear away from everyone who is eating, even though they know better...this irks R to no end--he yells at them to get out and they all look at me first before leaving...just in case...my dd makes her bed and empties not only the dishwasher, but the recycling bin as well, without being asked...and my ds has told his sister things, repeating things I have said all along, verbatim...mwhahaha...light at the end of the tunnel...what I do and say matters....

5.  People from your past can be such incredible blessings in the now...when you think you've lost contact forever...facebook pops up and brings people together all over again...it's a beautiful thing...

6.  There really is no use crying over spilt milk...it's done...it's over...you can't change anything...let go of the ire...start from where you are and you'll be fine...

7.  Kisses really do make everything better...well...unless the kisses are from the dog....and maybe it's just my dog...since I know where her mouth has been...but still...

8.  Quality beats quantity hands down every time--slimming down (not weight-wise here) in all areas of life is an incredible thing...on many levels....

ok...and I have an extra one...
No matter what changes I make to my schedule, my clients will follow me until they can have their time w me...some have moved from in-person to telephone only while others have reversed that to moving from telephone to in-person...I am loving this...
all this really means is more time for my writing and my artwork...and the bills are all still paid...

Truly, I am blessed...and ever so grateful for everything....