The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Imbolc

Yesterday was Imbolc. Again, power to the facebook for letting me catch different feeds I may have missed otherwise.
I love Suzie’s post about her Imbolc activities.

I haven’t played w my own crystals since before I left MO for MD eons ago…when we moved into our current house, it was the first time I have been able to take them out of storage and have them displayed again…it’s the first time I’ve been able to use them again…since moving cross-country…
I am loving the question at the end of her post too…

“Do you have wounds that need spiritual tending to?”

It begs the question…well…after everything I have been through…do I? How long have I been working on healing? How long have I been working on transmuting things from the dark to the light? How much longer should it/could it?

It’s not that I don’t have wounds. It’s not that I don’t have insecurities. Things are just different now. Technically, I am not tending actual wounds, the way I have in the past. Now I am caring for scars, tending to scar tissue. Working on moving past the issues that caused the wounds in the first place. But wounds? Not any longer.

I have found my center. I have found my calling. I have found myself. I am moving forward from my core, reaching ever further inside myself, rather than reaching outwards.

Strange as it seems, “Entre Nous” brought many things to a head for me while I read it…it’s not about seeking to reach the next mountain top…it’s not about reaching the next goal…it’s not about finding the right guru…it’s about …being me and being happy to be me…and being secure in that happiness of me…which I completely have these days…

This is not the post I meant to write when I read Suzie’s post yesterday. It was a busy day yesterday and I made sure to note things down so I would write today…and not forget and not let things go…

I always forget about Imbolc until after the fact—it’s the time of year…too many things on my mind…although I have always meant to make candles for Imbolc…haven’t had the space. I have the space now…only now I have to do things for R and his birthday. Groundhog Day, Imbolc and R’s birthday—and level of importance not in that order either.

We had to run out shopping yesterday. E did get R his electronic pet dinosaur…both of them are way too happy w that thing…but at least I didn’t get into any trouble over buying it.
Tonight is our family celebration of his birthday. And since I forgot a couple things yesterday, that means running out again today.

But here’s Imbolc, one of the movements on the Wheel of the Year. It’s not the ‘religious imperative’ for me to celebrate the holiday…it’s my connection w the Earth that makes me want to give thanks and to honor the coming of the light—to use the season to open up more of the vaults within my life and to let my soul soar and be free…

That, and I wanted to say thank you to Suzie, because I love her blog and I love her soul and she is a beautiful person. If not for her lovely post, I would totally have forgotten about Imbolc.

I did at least do my normal thing of making an offering to the Earth and Her Spirits, so I feel better there for not having missed that opportunity.
I do what I can to let everyone and everything know how appreciated they are in my life. I am Blessed; I like to spread the Blessings around.

Peace.