The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wreck This Journal Update

Uhm, uhm, I haven't really posted anything about wrecking my journal for two weeks....and I do have a reason for that too....it's just kinda...sorry. :-)

I cannot for the life of me FIND my journal.


The last thing I remember is...throwing it across the room to get it out of my way. Just a nice easy lob. Ya know?

Then--nada--nothing--poof!

I have several rotating piles of books...books I am currently actively working through on what is supposed to be a daily basis but is more of a weekly if I get to it basis...and then the pile of read these some day books...the pile of these have been read and are for reference books...the pile of books to be worked on on that daily basis once this round of daily basis books is complete....the pile to enter into goodreads so the world knows what I have finished reading....the pile of books I need to dredge through to find one thing in particular and then I can put them back on the shelf pile.....
yada and yada and yada

Right?

It is not in any of those piles....

So, I've cleaned through my room several several times now since I last saw that book....and I have even gone out specifically in search of said book....
all my stacks of books are innocent...
I have combed through all 13 bookcases...and even the ones in the kids's rooms...even the floors and the closets of the kids' rooms...I even looked in the hall linen closet just in case.....looked under all the beds...checked out the dog's toy basket...under the couch...under every chair...every possible thing...even under the bird cage (which is where the dog tends to 'lose' stuff alot....

There is not one trace of said book...not one pile of shredded anything that could have resembled said journal (the dog is so-insensate that she can literally eat through a hardback book while chewing her stuffed animals to bits and never even notice it...I've lost more than 1 star wars book that way...or at least the corners of them....)

Uhm, so, I dunno...maybe I took it outside and did something w it? Left it out in the rain? And some enterprising someone took off with it to line their nest or something? If so, it's not in this yard anymore at all....I have looked. I've even scanned the ROOF to see if I could see anything...as if some great big bird (as opposed to our cardinals or something) decided the book w its pages hanging out all held together w a rubber band were worthy of snatching and grabbing and dropping down on the roof...but nope.

Is this not the most complete act of destruction then? It vanishing into the mists of time and space? And just being--gone.....

I dunno....

but if I find it, I will let you know. :-)

So, you can't see mine....but please be sure to check out everyone else's HERE! :-)