The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tuesday Update

Today was not a complete loss.

I decided today I am tired of watching scary Halloween-y type movies for little kids--I watch to see some real horror movies--only to figure out that I should not be watching horror movies alone at night here...so I watched the Love Guru instead...ahhh...so much to say there...and yet...I think I'll leave it to another time.

So--not a wasted day today...My kitchen was clean for a few minutes.  Then I made soup in the crock pot -- didn't want to make pie out of the blue hubbard squash.  I wanted soup.  I improvised...I had forgotten how enticing the smell of browning onions and apples could be...that's all I will say for now...

I sewed together the one faery doll that's been lying around here waiting for me to get around to her...She's a bit lopsided and off-kilter, but that doesn't take away from her beauty.  I discovered it is easier to seam this doll without turning her inside out--adn the seams look so much better this way too.  Imagine that.  I improvised on the dress completely.  My hands did not really want to cooperate w knitting--so I crocheted the dress--which made me remember why I don't normally crochet w caron simply soft--it splits very easily...but I did it and I am proud of the way everything turned out.  Right down to the scarlet panties the doll wears!

I also finished the much anticipated fried egg ear muffs--which is now technically the fried eggs head warmer.  It turned out so nicely that E has requested one as well.  At least I did learn...if I am going to make fried eggs, I need to work the white in worsted weight yarn if I want them to turn out the same size, or even anything remotely close to the same size.  I improvised the headband part as well.

I started a birthday doll--it's late--I know--but that won't make it any less loved.  It's the red heart baby cloud yarn--which is a snot to knit w --and thank goodness I am not crocheting w it or I'd go mad-- but I decided to knit a doll w this yarn--the doll will last longer than the blanket--and the doll won't unravel...I am currently debating on whether to put eyes on the thing--since i have safety eyes--or if I want to leave it completely faceless...I kinda like that option myself....we'll have to see.

I am now officially ticked and needing to make socks.  :-)  My favorite pair of wool/cashmere socks that I bought ever so long ago are now officially worn at the heels ... they may be store bought socks--but they have everything a knitter could ask for--and ever since the first time I have washed them, they have fit my feet perfectly...I mourn my socks--and yet I revel in the fact that I can indeed knit more.  :-)

Pictures are indeed forth-coming.  Only half the issues w the pc have been fixed...apparently I have to find a few more install disks to make it happy--or jsut buy a completely new system...which sounds good to me--since I can reformat this machine, turn it into a linux machine and actually play til my heart is content w a great many things...weird, I know--but appealing to me in a vast number of ways....

More later...