The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Books

Remember I told you I ordered 'Itty Bitty Nursery' and 'Itty Bitty Hats' by Susan B Anderson? They got here all right--although I was a little disappointed when they did. I was not immediately overwhelmed and swept up in the need to grab needles and yarn and start tucking in to new patterns.
There are by far more hats I plan to knit that other things.
And some of those hats will be for the older kids--and me too. :-) As well as the babies.

I said I ordered books today, right? It will make me feel better to list them--so I don't forget--and so I don't have to go nutso searching for my list when they do come in.
And yes, I usually have a list for everything. Usually.

So here we go:

Boho Baby Knits by Kat Cole
I have seen this one up close and personal before, thanks to the library--and although I am not over-joyed by every pattern, there were enough in there to make me keep it on my going to buy at some point list.

Too Cute! by Debby Ware
I have been wanting this one for awhile--I forget who recommended it to me or why--but it's been on my to be bought list since 2005 or 2006.

Cotton Knits For All Seasons by Debbie Bliss
Do you really think I'll use cotton for all of these though?
Really?

Baby Knits For Beginners by Debbie Bliss
I really do like her style--and I have several of her books--all baby books, I think, at the moment. Wait--I actually have the Debbie Bliss Home Knits book as well.

Closely Knit by Hannah Fettig
Ok, so now and then I buy on impulse without first getting a good look at things in hand--this is one of those.

Junior Knits by Debbie Bliss
No, I did not purposely strike out with the intention of filling my shelves full of Debbie Bliss--it just happened.

Essential Baby by Debbie Bliss
Oh, be quiet. :-)

And last but not least,
Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie

Ok, fine, yes, I bought ore than one of these sight unseen and based soley on the preponderence of evidence presented in the reviews on amazon.com.

I did however begin my day, before the tip even was spoken of or thought of, by doing searching for various certain baby patterns (and I still want one that seems to be either French or Canadian and one I cannot easily put my greedy paws on--but that I do get something close enough to in at least 2 of the books I ordered) while on ravelry (some clients require something to keep my mind off of the desire to reach through the phone and throttle the bejesus out of them)--so I at least have some vague ideas of the projects held within the books.