The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fiber Update

I am trying to keep myself accountable here.

Week-ends are rough and off-balance right now because we are still adjusting to N being here--still trying to find our bearings and our routines. It's coming together--but slowly.

And here's another thing--I came into the new year knitting hats and wanting to knit more hats (my crochet gauge still scares me some days so I am not ready to try a hat again yet :-) ).
Then I got my hair cut--got all the dead ends gone--cut away the past 5-6 years of my life hair-wise. And I love my hair now. Quirky and curly as it is. :-) I'll still knit hats though--because i love hats and I wear them alot--regardless. :-) I am knitting alot more headbands now though.

Ok, here's my list of things I have done thus far this year:

1/1/09
start and frog poems easy headband (from '101 Designer One-Skein Wonders' I think)
I frogged it because I wasn't paying attention to the I-Cording--I forgot to slip it back to the other end of the needle and didn't pay attention until about 3 inches later--so I frogged it.)
I started the Mary Jane hat (check on ravelry there--I am on a time schedule here as my dd needs her time on the computer so--this is the best I can do at the moment).

1/2/09
I frogged out the Mary Jane hat because I nearly finished the whole first row--by doing YO, P2tog--except that I was doing a YO, P1--and I nearly made it all the way around--so I frogged it.
I started a rainbow beret-styled hat, combining about 4 beret and slouch hat patterns--only to get to one row away from the bind off--and drop too many stitches--so I frogged the entire thing. It was cute though--I may start that one again.
I started an essence (patons essence) triangle shawl--two different versions--both of which I frogged cause the yarn is so fuzzy and I didn't like the way it was acting.
I started the lavender lace beanie (also from '101 Designer One-Skein Wonders').
I worked on the willie warmer. I had put it aside for so long when I went back the directions didn't gel in my mind right so I had to improvise.

1/3/09
I started a lace headband (in dodo yarn--pictures will be forthcoming cause I need more info on this yarn)--which I finished. I designed the pattern myself based upon my favourite lace pattern (pattern forthcoming as well).
I took a short neck-warmer that had been the remainder of yarn from my Celtic scarf last year and I sewed it together to make a headband (which I am actually currently wearing) and it turned out perfectly. And as a headband I am far more likely to wear it than a neck-warmer. Most of the neck-warmers I made after getting the tattoo on the nape of my neck have been given away or donated by now.
I worked on the willie warmer some more.

1/4/09
finished the willie warmer (it's the seamless knitted version, btw)
finished the lavender lace beanie too

1/5/09
finally made the poems easy headband (details to follow later)
{This was also a stellar day--the gold band I have worn for more than 10 years now on my right hand--I took it off and I never have to wear it again--it's a very near miracle that}

1/6/09
no knitting content
we spent the night of the 5th elsewhere and I was running behind all day

1/7/09
started stolen moments wrap (see ravelry for pattern)--frogged it
started turkish stitch triangle shawl--frogged it

1/8/09
started basic triangle shawl-2 or 3 times--and frogged them all
started it again w smaller needles and patons essence and so far it is still OTN

1/9/09
no knitting content
I worked on the online stuff and I worked on sorting the toys

1/10/09
N is here--so no knitting
lots of playing and giggling though

Plus I have been asked to teach a yoga class
a small one but still
I love it :-)


1/11/09
the day is young yet--but we're going out
probably won't knit til after N goes back across the river


That's all for right now--and now I have hand the computer over to dd so she can play with her webkinz.

Ciao