The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Friday, January 23, 2009

Christopherus Offers The Madonna Cloak Project

Donna Simmons of Christopherus Homeschool is offering a new project called The Madonna Project.

Read about it here:
http://christopherushomeschool.typepad.com/blog/2008/11/introducing-the-madonna-cloak-project.html

I have not been as active in her online groups as I should. In fact, I haven't even read anything to keep up lately. Not since before the move to IL actually. I have a great deal of respect for Donna. We have her pre-school, kindergarten and first grade syllabus books--and whether anyone around me really cares to admit it or not I follow quite a bit of what's in them--even if it is not all of them or all of it.
We are still waiting for E to get her front teeth in--even though some days I get nervous about whether they will come in or not (her front teeth were removed when she was about 3 because I listened to my pediatrician rather than my instincts with her--N lost his front teeth at about the same age because he was climbing and fell--I am hoping and praying subsequent kids get to keep all their teeth).
Even though I still have some Montessori stuff we do--just to placate the masses. I don't feel the need to stress over it so much anymore, despite my detractors.

The Madonna Cloak Project really appeals to me on so many levels.

I have been running through the past few days, prior to learning about this project, the fact that I need to pull up my Steiner books for myself and get re-started. I do still want to attend a Steiner/Waldorf teacher training program at some point. It really has been on my extended list of things to do to start the researching again--since my data there has been lost--except what I have printed out--which is mostly just syllabi.

Please read about Donna's project. If it resonates with you, please do what you can. Thank you.