The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wishing On Wednesday September 22

Wishing on the day after Equinox...do you know how much power that has?

Jamie has an amazing question today, as simple as always, but with such far reaching implications as it nibbles the brain....


What luxury do you wish for? 


 

What do I wish, as a luxury?

The very first thing that came up for me was TIME....

time to write by hand, time to transcribe everything onto the computer, time to cook and to bake, time to wash, dry, fold and put away the laundry, time to keep up with all the dishes my 8yo dirties in a day (which can be an ASTOUNDING amount some days and I am still not really sure how she does it....), time to organize the things I want to organize, time to build the things I want to build, time to draw, time to paint, time to knit, time to crochet, time to sew, time to sculpt, time to sit down w E and get her to do her schoolwork by hook or by crook (some days are better than others), time to read, time to garden, time for Yoga, time to ride my bike, time for hiking, time...time...time to ...sit and just vegetate and to do nothing and to be happy doing nothing....

 

Then there's me on a practical level--the only real luxury I want is a house big enough to settle my family into right now...where there is more than enough room for all four of us, plus the three dogs...where there is plenty of room for us to grow and to expand as we continue our journey together, surrounded by lots of land, and preferably few neighbors other than lots of trees.  

 

My what can I do right now level is saying--you need a pressure cooker!  lol

Funny what that many pounds of apples can do to a woman (see previous posts about apple picking)...

 That really is all I could ask for right now...really....