The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stop And Smell The Roses


These are the roses that client of mine sent me for Valentine's Day. They lasted til this past week-end. We still have the little daisy flowers out since they are still pretty and perky.
The roses were wilting and limp and petals falling--so I did what any enterprising woman would do. I pulled all the petals off the roses, leaving the stems still in the vase because we like the greenery--and how very Morticia is that anyway? :-)
I took all those petals and put them on my canopy (it's mosquito type netting) over my bed. I wanted them to dry out there, spreading their scent and not losing their colour, so I could have the rose feeling all over my bedroom--and then I could use the petals in other projects --soaps, potpourri, whatever.

Well, jumping on my bed is great for small children (grrr) --and my canopy is split down the middle (just how it's built) so as both little cretins were jumping on my bed, the petals 'fell'--and got scattered--so there are a few still on the canopy--many many did the dog eat--there are lots of petals all over the floor--amidst the normal glitter--and dog fur--that resides so cleverly upon my bedroom floor (we won't go into why--really ;-) ) .

But we all really got a great deal of enjoyment out of those roses. They were excellent.

Now, to get the 'painting the roses red' song out of my head..........