The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Re-Visiting Old Lands

Remember about a thousand years ago on my previous blog? Ok, fine, it was last year. And it was last year's blog too. Well, I never really did finish them, did I?
I am trying to re-connect with groups I love, but let go by the wayside. My journalwriting yahoo group is one with whom I am seeking to reconnect.
Someone there is posting their responses to various sections--and it made me think--hey--I haven't done that. Among other things. So--I am not struggling to catch up--I am just working to be included. :-) Before I turn to other things to keep myself occupied.
Plus, if I do this--I don't have to fold laundry. :-)

Just google '5000 question survey' and you should get there--I tried to find a direct link, but kept getting routed through various blogs and communities instead of right to the questions list.





Part Three
201. Put these creatures in order from what you would least like to be reincarnated as (1), to what you would most like to be reincarnated as (10) assuming reincarnation ended up existing AND you were given a choice.

caterpillar, house dog, wild dog, vulture, male human, female human, oak tree, rock, manta ray, dolphin


caterpillar, human male, human female, vulture, dolphin, house dog, wild dog, manta ray, rock, oak tree



202. What do you feel unworthy of?

I have no clue--I might have been able to answer this last year--but right now--I am not unworthy of anything--I am worthy of everything. Amazing how long I toiled over this one, looking to be unworthy of something, before it dawned on me. I've worked way too long in this lifetime to acknowledge the fact that I am worthy.
Guess what--I am worthy. In my own right. :-)



203. Would you rather be remembered for having done something for humanity or being a really nice person?

a really nice person actually


204. Which do you value more: science or intuition?

hmmm--I value both--I like a good balance of both--but I will take intuition over science in a heartbeat any day


205. Your best friend and your significant other are in the hospital at the same time with the same ailment. Who do you visit first?

My significant other--but wouldn't it be easier if they had the same thing to put them close together, so I can wave to my friend as I go to my SO so at least my best friend knows I am coming


206. Does the universe revolve around human beings?

only in some human beings minds


207. If you are no longer a virgin, do you wish you still were?

I have never regretted it--regretted the way it happened--regretted waiting so long--but never regretted getting it out of the way--no


208. Who is your favorite poet of those who are alive right now?

does it count if I say myself? or is that a cop-out?
today I found Lea Kelley and I vote Lea as my favourite poet today


209. What is your favorite song from the 90's?

do we go with 'baby got back' or 'barbie girl'?
whatever Duran Duran and Madonna put out is my fave there



210. If you were in alphabet soup what letter would you be?

Q

211. Do you believe in fairies, ghosts, aliens, angels, dwarves, elves, etc.?

implicitly

212. What makes you want to be someone’s friend?

depends on the person and what sort of friend......


213. Do you troll around the Internet harassing people anonymously for fun?

never--I have better things to do with my time
like IM my best friend while filling out this survey :-)


214. Have you ever seen the movie A Man Who Fell to Earth?

yes, more than once

215. What is your favorite line from a movie?

'lady, god's a kid with an ant farm'

216. What's your favorite video game?

commander? I think--I haven't had a fave video game since atari was cool


217. Have you ever taken something that wasn't yours?

yes, but not for many many years


218. What is one phrase people say that irritates you?

people irritate me--I don't care what they say--they irritate me--isn't that enough?


219. You allow strangers to read your diary, but would you let your parents read it?

yes--they can read my blogs--if that hasn't killed them my journal surely won't either


220. Hot steamy bubble bath or quick in and out shower?

depends on my mood--although if I had no kids it would be the bubble bath 9 times out of 10


221. Are you allergic to anything?

bees, honey, tree pollen, stupid people

222. What is your favorite Terminator movie?

the very first one


223. What is your favorite fast food?

taco bell


224. What would someone have to do to get you to never speak to him or her again?

all they have to do is ask :-)


225. Would (or have) you ever whip someone or be whipped by someone in bed?

yes and yes--and yes and yes

226. Have you ever said 'I hate everyone' and really meant it literally?

yes, all too frequently in the past few years

227. Why do some people want to get more money than they could ever spend?

greed

why do knitters buy more yarn than they can ever possibly use?
because we're squirrels lining our nests--and by gods and little fishes we may need that yarn some day!


228. Have you ever won a carnival fish?

yes


229. Did it live more than a week?

yes darn it, more than one of them did

230. What's the best sounding accent a person can have?

give me a Northman or an Australian please


231. What's the most boring thing you've ever read?

the encyclopedias


232. Do you prefer buttons or touch screens?

buttons

233. Do you think there is a lot of similarity between the Harry Potter books and the Lord of the Rings series?

maybe in a vague sort of way, but overall--no--not really


234. Would you consider yourself to be naive?

often and frequently--which is difficult in someone so jaded :-) but I do manage it way too often



235. Which of your friends is most likely to go to jail?

D


236. What is the smallest amount of money that could be in a public toilet that would make you reach in and grab it?

what else is in the toilet--and if I flush will the money still be there?


237. Would you ever wear real fur?

yes, please


238. Arachnophobia or Eight Legged Freaks?

eight legged freaks

239. What are your feelings about police officers?

which ones?

240. what is your favorite line from a song?

absolutely no regrets


241. Is fifty dollars a lot of money?

what do you need it for? are you buying a new washing machine or going to the dollar store?
if you want a washer--no, $50 is not much at all--going to the dollar store--$50 is a HUGE amount of money



242. Do you like the band Front 242 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_242)?

yes--I forgot they existed-but yes

243. Would you rather have fame, money, or self-satisfaction?

self-satisfaction


244. What's your middle name?

Jeane


245. What is the absolute limit, the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars?

my limits--nothing w children, animals, corpses, feces, nothing that leaves permanent marks


246. Are you good, evil or neutral?

neutral

247. Should ebonics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebonics) be considered a language?

no


248. What color is your bedroom?

off-white right now--but i am going to paint a deep shade of red with rose overtones


What color would you like it to be?

indigo


249. When are you planning to move to a new home?

we'll see after I get married


250. If you added up the cost of everything in the room with you, approximately what would it come out to be?

several thousands of dollars

251. Do you blow your nose in public?

yes, if necessary

252. Do you want to follow in your parent's footsteps?

no


253. What is the coolest web site you know of?

project gutenberg


254. Which cartoon would you most like to see turned into a movie?

thundercats


255. Of the following, which word best describes you: enthusiastic,

fair minded, generous, helpful

enthusiastic

256. Can you eat with chopsticks?

a little yes



257. Could you tell real money from counterfeit?

i don't really know
the cheesy ones--sure
the professional ones--probably not



258. What do you think about school uniforms?

cool


259. What ancient civilization would you most like to visit?

define Ancient
throw me way way back in Wales or Egypt



260. What would make a great new Crayola color?

wolf grey, timberwolf yellow, smoke black


261. If an art project is created with the intent of getting rich and famous, does that cast doubt over its significance as a work of art?

depends on the piece--often the art moves past its creator

262. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?

Madonna


263. Who is the greatest philosopher of your country?

my fave, stephen hawking


264. If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go?

into many officials' pockets


265. Is it as easy to make you happy now as it was when you were a child?

it's easier today


266. Who knows more...you, or your parents?

depends on the topic


267. What instrument would you like to be famous for playing?

hammered dulcimer

268. Children fill its lungs completely with air. Adults breathe in a more shallow way, not filling their lungs completely. Why the change?

the stress of being in the the grown-up and fighting to be a member of society


269. Would you have sex with a stranger for one million dollars?

condoms, condoms, condoms
oh yes i would



270. Are you completely in control of your body?

not really


Are you completely in control of your mind?

actually not as much as i would like


271. Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?

hand-picked

272. Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?

absolutely


273. Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?

i do it

274. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?

not all the time


275. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?

dramatic thrillers that are not overly gory, but make you think


276. Does fashion matter to you?

comfort matters to me


277. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?

YES


278. What do you get in trouble for the most?

inappropriate comments


279. Should parents spank their kids?

depends on the kid and the parent


280. What is your worst daily habit?

refusing to fold the laundry


281. If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled?

I have no clue--I only watch the shows I like--otherwise I watch videos


282. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?

depends on how I am feeling


283. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?

depends upon the person to whom I am speaking


284. What do you feel the most guilty about?

not doing asana practise more often


285. Do you meditate?

yes but not as much as I could or should


286. Can dreams be visions, or do you feel they are always random images?

oh no--they can be visions--definitely


287. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?

sometimes yes
other times i write with flourish



288. The thief _______ that everyone steals.

believes

What verb would you fill in the blank with?
believes

289. What's the most incredible experience you ever had?

define incredible
good incredible--not good incredible
what?

I remember falling--not a good incredible
I remember giving birth--good incredible



290. Are you ever afraid to write/say/think how you feel?

yes


291. Do you write/say/think it anyway or become intimidated and try to avoid it?

yes, but I am careful about who I let see what when I do


292. What is one thing you can't do?

feel safe in water over 5 ft deep


293. Do you like movies starring Charleton Heston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleton_Heston)?

yes

294. Are you gentle?

sometimes

295. When do you feel the most raw and vulnerable?

when there are storms coursing down outside and/or there are major weather shifts happening


296. Are you trying to find yourself?

not anymore--I know where I am and who I am


297. Where are you looking?


will it count to say I was not within, but I was not without
I was lost to the days and lost in a daze
and had to fight to find a way out



298. Are you sometimes afraid of being honest because you are afraid of hurting people's feelings?

yes, but I try to couch things in gentle terms while still being honest


299. What would make you a stronger person?

more tests by Fire


300. What book would you like to read sometime soon?

the Torah
I haven't read it all the way through







"In the practise of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."
the Dalai Lama