The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Reflecting

What could you never give up?

Kids excluded here--

I sat and I thought and thought about it--

at some point there is nothing I won't give up, nothing I won't walk away from.

I do have the capacity to sit up one morning and decide I've had enough--walk out of the house and never look back.

Long ago--I would have said my writing--but so? Donate it to some college or library or something.
Burn it. Whatever. I'll write more, wherever I go.

Clothes are clothes. Dogs are nice, but can be replaced.

The kids will follow me regardless, whether it be a month or a year, they will come for me.

I take it back--the one thing I won't give up ever again--is quite simply ME.