The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Monday, June 15, 2009

My Very First Illustration Friday

Facebook is a good thing. Sometimes.
I actually read my facebook notifications--even if I don't log in to facebook--because facebook can suck my day right away.
But I am a fan of Illustration Friday on facebook and now the notifications do not get lost in my spam folder...even if it takes me a bit to read my emails.

So, last night, I saw the prompt--and had a great Idea. I scribbled the basics out...then this morning I drew it out. I am not overly thrilled w it for numerous reasons, but I think it is a really good start.

Now, someone else did inspire the picture. Although I am nowhere near as good as she is. I can hope to be one day though.

Here's my version of "Unfold".





What did I really get hounded into me this weekend?
That I want to paint....and I want to learn more about my drawing before I go forward into painting....