The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Million Dollars

Poetic Asides Prompt 049



What do you mean,
I’ve won a million dollars?
Wasn’t I just joking about that
Earlier, this very afternoon?
What would I do?
What am I going to do?
Pay off my house.
Pay off my lover’s house.
Buy us a whole new house.
Buy my mother a house.
Pay off Ma’s debt,
And my lover’s too.
Put money away for all the kids
To go to school.
Figure out what I have left.
Give half to my lover.
Set up my ranch.
Buy the seeds, the animals,
The works.
Put enough money in savings
To keep us afloat
For awhile.
Whatever’s left
Goes into the business,
Making it whole,
More sound.
Buy more equipment,
Including the blow torch,
And that wet wheel….
Smile, a lot.
Smile, some more.
Give as much as I can to those
Who really need it
And who will actually
Use it.
There is no waste,
No blowing it,
Not here.
That’s all I want to do.
That’s what I will do,
Million dollars or not.
The million just makes it all happen
So much faster.