The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time To Make A Wish

Jamie has such a wonderful wish question for today.....funny how she has that knack of hitting me right where I need it...and not just me either.....

What is your wish for June?


It only took half a second for my brain to cough something up: balance.
But as soon as the thought hit me, I dismissed it--because "balance" is just too simplistic.



So I took time, stepped away from the computer, did other things, read some of the glop Stephen King passes off as horror these days--interesting maybe-but horror? Maybe to really old guys who've lost there touch--but not to me or for me--sorry, Steve-o.

Now, I am back....
and I still am not really sure how to describe what it is I wish for....

Balance is part of it...
but so is clarity.....

If I can just come out this month with a clear view of .... everything......

I wish my body would stop pointing out that things are not cohesive at the moment....wish my fingernails would stop splitting....wish my feet would stop cracking...and no, other than righting my emotional state there is nothing that will fix either, no matter what I would try--I know what's wrong...just have to get from here to there--again. :-) That's my usual qualm...how do I get from here to there.....

And this time, the issue isn't really about me...I have enough of my own stuff and my own fears wrapped up in this situation...but until R takes care of it...it will eat away at me...and there is nothing else I can do except pray...so other than crying now and then, this is what I do...alot....

But my wish, my wish.....
more than balance, more than clarity....more than all these wonderful ideas streaming and screaming around in my head....

Perhaps I should wish for cohesion...for coherence...for connectivity....

I wish that everything would make sense to me and I could follow about things in a logical and linear manner.........

This said by the woman who does everything in a circular methodology that leaves even me baffled as to why I would do things in such a manner.....I go to take out the trash, get side-tracked with the dishes, find a book out of place, start to read, remember the dishes, somehow swing around to needing to tidy the bathroom, and at the end full circle the trash gets taken out, the dishes are done, the book marked for later perusal, the bathroom tidy and I am standing there wondering where the past 3 hours went when all i had intended to do was take the trash out in the first place....
:-)
That's me. It's a good thing I no longer take my keys out of my purse--if I do I put them right back in afterwards...period. I used to drive myself crazy. And yes, there is a key holder right by the front door...doesn't really matter.....

I definitely wish to make sense of the stuff going on in my brain ... wish I could pick what is best for me and follow that exclusively instead of getting and being side-tracked by all these good ideas and good intentions and recommendations and well maybes......

I am going to keep going round and round with this til it makes sense to me....which I think is my problem. :-)


I am going to stick with:

I wish that everything would make sense to me and I could follow about things in a logical and linear manner.........