The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Creative Every Day? Does This Count For Colour?


I got up this morning wanting to paint two of the polymer clay faces, one each for Tweedledee and Tweedledum.
So that is what I did.

Now the dolls' bodies are black. Their faces are painted with lack and red acrylic paint mixed. I am so loathe to waste paint that I decided with the little bit that was left over I needed to at least prep a page in my art journal somehow.
I simply dragged the brush through the paint-then dragged it over the page. There was way too much black, even though the paint was divided, on the paper where I mixed it to the brush. So I added more red. I let that dry and of course my brain was working overtime. I got the urge to dry brush over the whole piece. I used gesso to do it. It went on heavier than I wanted it to in places, but once i was finished I really liked it. Now I have to figure out what to do with the thing. I have some ideas, but we'll see. :-)

I was wondering if black and red counted towards the colour theme of creative every day . I know the red will--but black is a shade....as my lovely daughter always loves to tell me. I have some interesting stuff in my head. We shall see.

If nothing else, this does fit my mood today. :-)