The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally, I Did Something With My Altered Book

Ok, so it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.

My original intention was to run the yarns through the binding and tie them off--which went well enough.

I was going to then re-arrange the yarns and alter the placement of each end so that the ends hung all the way up and down the spine instead of all at one end or another.

What happened was I ran out of space in the spine--and the yarns refused to co-operate when I went to move them around, even to adjust where the ends stopped.

Rather than fight them, I just glued them in place along the spine, since it needed to be done, and let it go at that.

After I did that, I was stuck on a call with a client so I knitted something--three strands of novelty yarn, on size 11 needles, all garter stitch-not that you can see any stitch pattern at all. I am thinking it will be a bag of some sort--not sure what yet. And I didn't take a picture of it yet--simply because I didn't really feel up to it yet. But I will get to that point some time soon. :-) I like the effect and the way the fabric turned out.