The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Believe In Omens

Three omens have been visited upon me.

The first one--was from my dear own self.
On Wednesday.

Read the full post here.

"""I have been taking steps--I could say all this mont--but I would know it has been so much longer than that. My one year plan that turned into a 2-3 year planned is nearly complete. Technically, I have achieved everything in that plan--and more. I guess it is time to re-evaluate and to see what I want to accomplish from here.

My next step could be that re-evaluation process. Except that I have been doing that lately, in dribs and drabs, in between projects and functioning. I need input from a couple other sources before I move forward very far in that direction."""



The second was my Yahoo Astrology horoscope--which I almost never read because I know too many other Pisces that have their heads up their butts and it makes me laugh to compare this blurb as being about my day and theirs as well. Today--I read it.
Several times. Every time I opened a browser--I read the darn thing.

"""Your vision for the future is a bit foggy right now, but you need clarity now more than ever. Therefore, in order to understand what you want for yourself, you need to take all the time you need to ponder where you want to take your life over the next five years. Do not apologize for being slow -- your future is too important! Luckily it won't take long for you to come up with a few ideas, especially since you see a great opportunity that could change everything."""



Third, this post from Goddess Leonie that I should have read last night when it appeared in my inbox, but didn't read it til this evening.

Click here to read a very nice explanation of how to take a personal Shamanic Journey.



I didn't write anything other than my Poetic Asides poem today. In fact, I slept most of the day. I can blame PMS. I can blame a late night last night-but I won't because it was a great night--and I always sleep so much better after a night like that--and not for the reasons you think either. It's the high level of energetic and creative work we do together. Not to mention, every time I see the man it gives me a stronger sense of peace of mind.

I knew I have been blocked. I knew I was blocking. I have been for days now. I keep stopping. I keep fighting. I can write and write--in my head. I have 3 non-fiction articles all done, in my head. Don't have squat on paper--not even cyber paper--not even scrawled out notes.


It may not be all about the next five years. It may not even be about the next few weeks. But the blocking is all about the here and now--and quite possibly the next few, or the next five, days. And the fact that I accepted a situation I knew I would abhor and that I knew would make me extremely uncomfortable and that would hurt me emotionally every single moment until it was resolved. Well, ok, maybe when the situation started I didn't realize the full extent of that actually hurt every second thing, but when things became clear--they became crystal clear for me. I didn't really make my thoughts known because of other situations. I chose to keep silent and be patient. I am still choosing to do so. As silent as I can be--by me not talking it becomes all too clear that I am keeping something back, even though I said I would do so. And he doesn't like when I go quiet-or obstinate. Although I have to give the man credit, he is patient. Thank goodness.
Confused yet? :-)
Right now, my stress levels are too high -- and there isn't much I can do but work on my own work in order to relieve my stress and my tension--the problem there being when I get stressed I can't do anything at all--especially my writing--because I balk and I block myself.

I got some other pushes today too. I got some really great feedback about my writing today. Past efforts, recent past. I got some support for actually pushing forward on my knitting book, which is always such a good thing for me.
I got some great encouragement about my drawing--and the need for me to pursue it.
I also got some positive feedback on my old work with my SoulCollage cards (see my old blog-I had put up the labels widget to make everything easier to find-but it is there now on the bottom of the sidebar)--which only means I need to pull those up and out and get everything photographed and decide where to take them to have them printed on smaller cards so I can carry them around with me to use them. I do need to get back into those.

And one more thing, I joined a mandala drawing/creating group, thanks to Cheryl Finley.

The Universe keeps pushing me. I am not so sure I have the right to drag my feet and pout-since the Universe is giving me everything I am have asked for and everything I continue to ask for-my first in-home client is coming tomorrow.

Time to go on a Journey and see what I can see for me.
I did get the information I needed from my significant other-some days all I need is that confirmation that I am significant. :-)