The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Muse Series

First of all, let it be known that the Muse Series has nothing to do with the Poetic Asides prompt poem I wrote today. Honest. I was on the phone when I wrote down my 6 random words to use in the sestina prompt. I wasn't really thinking, not before nor after I finished it. Not til I actually posted it and went--oooohhhhh. :-)

Yesterday, I started writing this piece, which I called Muse Journey Part 1.
I almost knew when I started writing it that there would be more to it.

I was not that surprised not long after I finished part one that I began writing Muse Journey Part 2.
Of course, once i got there, I knew something bigger would be coming.

I started Muse Journey Part 3, but had to stop after just a few paragraphs, because ti was starting to get to hairy for me and I needed the space. Part 3 sat and waited. Until I finished it today.

Which made writing Muse Journey Part 4 seem like a breeze.

My original intent last night was to write a five part series and end it there. Here is Muse Journey Part 5.

When I finished that last part, I thought, yes, this is good enough, this is the end. I'm done with it. I usually do not write interconnected bits like this. Usually I write in pieces, but I never try to make anything fir with anything else. I write a beginning over here--I write an end for something else completely--then I'll go over here to work on this middle. Or maybe I'll just work up a quick description of something or someone that I will use later on in something entirely different.

This piece, this series, it's quite a bit different.
I know now there will be a part 6. Most of it is already written in my head, waiting for me to sleep on it and expand and expound upon it before I sit in front of my computer to pull forth the rest of the details. If I am luck, my drawing Muse will wallop me upside the head as well and I shall be compelled to draw the image I keep getting in my head. We'll see about that. I lack a great deal of confidence in that arena yet-but I am getting there.

The whole thing with the Muse again is very compelling with me. I am going through some very major shfits and changes of late.
I had my very first in-house client this past week--and I am very proud of myself. And I just loved her. She is someone I want to see again, when she is ready and able. :-) Of course, it didn't dawn on me til the day after I did it, but I actually used the money I earned with that client to buy my bf and I a set of matching rings. Hand-crafted silver, from Ireland, no less. ;-) As soon as I saw what they said I knew I had to have them for us. The one thing I find the most funny is I never believed in such a term for real until the boundaries dropped with this man. Now I get it. Now I believe. And since all he knows is I ordered the rings--and he is quite grumpy about that anyway--I cannot yet tell what the rings say--I won't ruin that surprise. :-)
I am actually drawing--bit by bit. I am again writing alot more. I had that burst there and then things muddled up about a few things with bff and I of course stopped writing because that is the first thing that stops with me.
But there are so many things that are moving and shifting and going on--and as frightened as I am I am forcing myself to go along and to be happy. Well, forcing the happy is a little strong--I just have to trust that I can be happy. Some days I just don't know if I can do it...then of course life will drop something in my lap for me to fuss and worry about--and then I get over it and am allright again.

It's a new awakening. A rebirth. I kinda like where everything is going. So I am just going to keep taking slow deep breaths and going along with it. What else is there for me to do?