The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Monday, April 13, 2009

My Mother

In November, when we had the accident, my mother told me that sometimes it seems like the Universe decides we should all have a day-or a night- in a fire station. Sometimes that's what it takes to re-order our lives. I am paraphrasing heavily, of course.

My mother and I, when I was a young child, spent the night in a fire station, after a snowstorm and a car accident. It was a good thing for her/us then. This last time, with my daughter, a dog, a bird and me, it turned out to be a very good thing for me/us.

I keep cross-checking and referencing my Guides--and R's Guides, since they will not go away even when I asked them nicely :-) although I wouldn't have it any other way at this point, they do come in handy--as to how I could have missed what they keep claiming are GREAT BIG RED FLAGS for the past 9 years.

I am fascinated by the things that were there in front of me--from the very beginning--even though there were other paths as well that could have been chosen. Funny now as I look, both he and I decided why bother with the other path, we want the one that we are going to end up on anyway.

While in the middle of writing this, I get an email from my mother.

She has seen this all along, but didn't want to push me towards it because she didn't want to ruin things for me.

Must I always be the last one to know?

And my mom is spot on for other people-she knew x and x were not going to be pleasant--among other things. This one is the one that is going to stick-even she says so.

Ok. Instead of scaring me more, I am starting to relax into things and look forward to them.

That's a real plus after what's been going on lately. :-)

And to think, if not for that bloody truck over-turning like that and having to do all this stuff to get our lives back in order, it would have taken years for R and me to reach this point...where I was more open to the possibilities--since he's always been open to it.

You have to love a man willing to give you your space to screw up your life every which way and still be there for you. In whatever capacity.