The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, May 21, 2009

8 Things: Promises To Myself


:-) I get to play today.
I am so easily pleased. :-)

Feel free to play along by zipping over to Magpie's blog to see what this is all about. :-)

Here is my list of Today's 8 Things:
Promises To Myself

1. To trust and have more faith--
in myself, in the small still voice in my head, in the love of my life and just the whole relationship thing, my daughter, in my art, in my processes--you name it.....

2. To not feel so bad, so guilty when I have to put my foot down w my daughter, even though it brings up so much of my own garbage from my childhood....

3. To draw anyway, even when I think I so suck at it, even when all I can do is copy someone else's work trying to get the forms right, even if my markers bleed too much or my colours overlap where I didn't want them overlapping....

4. To be ok with the fact that I set my goal at writing to have precedence over house work and yard work. I will not move until my writing is done for the done, for the most part.

5. To feel good about finally getting all those things I have wanted and asked for and prayed for for so very long--to stop looking that gift horse in the mouth....

6. To stop feeling so guilty when I fail to make the time to do all the blog-traveling and commenting I would so love to do every day--and to just feel happy sending love and energy to the people I wish I could read and chat with every single day...

7. To allow myself to bask in every single second, without worry, without guilt, every moment we share behind closed doors, my significant other and me--and it is so not all about sex--it's not about sex at all...although, ya know, that part does not suck...at all.....

8. To stop worrying about what everyone thinks, from family, to exs, to whatever/whomever-doesn't matter--I promise to be more confident in my new not-hiding status....