The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nearly Forgot-It Is Wednesday

Poetic Asides Prompt 045

Unexpected


Unexpected things happen….
Like being forced to drive in a snowstorm,
Trying to get home….
Hitting an icy patch,
Nearly dying
When the truck flips over…
Strange things occur…
Like the brilliant synchronicity
That comes
When I say something…
I wonder what pen I should use here,
And someone unknown posts a blurb
About the best pens
She has ever used.
I am not unaccustomed
To the weird and unique.
I pretty much fit that bill….
Nothing is so untoward and off-key
As my failure to see
You
Standing there as you were
For so very long…
I don’t know why
I could not see,
Did not dare…
I lie…
I know why…
It was fear…
I was unworthy…
And I knew it…
Really…
And yet,
Here you are,
Completely comfortable,
Loving me…
Some days the shock is so big
It takes my breath away…
I am so grateful…