The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Thursday- Time for 8 Things

8 Things : I Need Less Of:

1. First of all, I need less guff from the girl. Where in the mother hand-book is the warning about PRE-pre-puberty? Or the saucy attitude that develops, along with those hormonal rushes and imbalances?
All I need is for her to listen to what I am saying now and then -- and just -- do it. Without hassle. Without me nagging a billion times. Without me wanting to break down and cry in frustration. Without me walking away so I can vent and cry in the silence of my own room.

2. I need less worry when it comes to my job. I worry about time. I worry about hearing the phone. I worry if the phone line is working (darn AT&T). I worry about the number of calls. I worry if the phone doesn't ring within a certain length of time.
That worry begets more worry....can I pay the mortgage.....yada yada... so we run back to the if I take today off to go out with my boyfriend how will I end up trying to make it up later on.....
Bleck!

3. I need less clutter, less useless clutter. Actually, this is a big thing on my as-yet mental to-do list. Clean and purge. Clean and purge. I am starting small. E's room does NOT count. That was a necessity. I made great headway in my own closet, at least the one side. I have other arenas crowding in to be next on the list. My bedroom first. I did a little tonight. There's is alot more in need of being done. Then the den. Then, then, I can start hitting the storage room.

4. I need less fear in my life, less fear, less anxiety. I need less fear of drawing, of writing, of the work I do. I need less fear of just being me. I need to stop being afraid of the way things might turn out, or how they could turn out. I need to stop what if-ing myself to death. And I don't what if! But if one creeps in, usually when someone asks me a question, I'm doomed as my mind takes off in leaping bounds to dodge and dive all over the place. That has got to stop.

5. I need less procrastination and hesitation. I need to just grab the bull by the horns and do it. I've had the paint for my fireplace hearth here for how many months now? I think two, maybe three. I have been stalling on the next installment of my drawing class why? I haven't picked up the books I am reading in at least a week, if not more, why? I haven't located my ice pick or my stapler as yet why? You get the picture.....

6. I need less time spent mowing the frakkin' lawn. This grass keeps GROWING because it won't stop raining. I thought I had a handle on things with the lawn...and then it rained for three days straight. And I didn't plant my baby trees yet--which drags us back to procrastination all over again. :-)

7. I need less time online working through everyone else's blogs and tweets and whatnot. I love everyone's work; I love what they have to show; I love the inspiration and the up-lift I get-but I cannot give so much of myself to you and still have time for me...
I do the best I can, when I am able to....

8. I need less cereal as a meal in my life, right now. I hate to cook for just me, and the girl rarely eats what I want to eat, and I hate to cook 2 meals. So I usually end up cooking something for her and then grabbing something for me later on. I have to stop doing that.

Here's my 8 things....
Good-night.
Until next time.....