The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Noblesse Oblige Award


Details of Noblesse Award:

The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:

- The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs.

- Their Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions

- There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Cultures, Sciences and Beliefs

- The Blog is refreshing and creative

- The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking



The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following:

- Create a post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award

- The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post

- Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts as support

- The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions

- Blogger must display the Award at any location at their Blog




Ok--so we got all the rules and regulations of this award out of the way. :-)

Hybrid J, whom I love and adore, gave me this award. It has taken me a week of procrastinating to reach a place where I am ready to write my short article about my blog and its purpose here.

I love reading Hybrid J's blog-she not only has incredible information-but she is a horrible enabler-I am trying NOT to buy any more books-especially ones on the craft of writing-and after reading many of her posts-I find myself HAVING to buy books just because the exercises are so interesting....

:-)

And that's only half of it too.


Do you know one reason I procrastinating on writing my little article about my blog?
Well, there isn't just one reason....

I was flummoxed to find out that, yes, my blog is actually positive. I tend to rant about the exs and the kids and, well, icky stuff comes up alot. Even when I don't mean for it to. Some days my blog is my only voice. This truly is my journal. And although I do hold some things back--because not everything needs to be made public--most of it hits the fan here.
I asked several people who know me-and they all agree-the blog is very upbeat and positive.
Ok-so that blew me away.

The other thing is--me? creative? Some days I actually just don't get that.
Other than my writing, for which I often feel small and inadequate and just god-awful, I do not feel talented at all. And again, I think everyone who knows me jumped up to smack me in the head over that one-so I will just smile and wave, (like the penguins, you know? smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave), and nod my head and keep trying to accomplish the things I want to accomplish, in my own inept and foolish way. :-)

Not to mention-I offer solutions? I thought I kinda chronicled my ridiculousness and futile encounters and attempts at all things-but I guess I can say hey I did it this way-now you go do it the right way. :-) Or at least, the right way for you. :-)

And is there really a clear purpose to this blog? Do I have a purpose for anything? :-)
I created my dream board on Saturday. My wishes and intentions for this month-although I think I am more laying a foundation for the future than expecting to get everything this month.....
But as much as I look at the thing and think, yes, I see what my subconscious was trying to say, the more I feel I am out in left field and the Universe has a plan that no one has really told me about. (more on the dream board later....)
That's sort of like this blog too.

When I started a blog, years ago, I was in a horrid relationship w N's dad. I was trapped in the house, with two kids, an utterly uncommunicative man, and my books. I wanted to learn to knit. I wanted this-I wanted that-I wanted FRIENDS to talk to, since that man cut me off from too many people and the only people I got to talk to were the ones determined to come to me to see me--and there were a couple too. So-I got online.
I have more than this blog. I have my work blog, which I haven't really done much with and don't really promote all that much-although it still garners a client or comment now and then-which amazes me. :-)
I have my writing blogs, although I have been letting Raven lie stagnant while I focus more attention on Alice.
I have E's blogs, which we really don't do too much with anymore. Ditto the pets and the house blogs. I am not letting them go entirely as I feel there may be a need for them later on.

This year, this blog, it really did become my online journal. I may censor alot of things (children and family could read this, for heaven's sake, so I do tone a few things down, now and then), but overall I am honest. I say things that a year ago I would never have spoken out loud to but a few secretive souls. This is my blog-this is my year to stop hiding completely - to truly be free and be honest and be open about me.
Maybe my one friend is right and I am having a mid-life crisis. :-) Maybe it's more what I think and not a crisis--but a rebirth.

I did not actually begin this blog with any true stated purpose. My only purpose is to genuinely share myself, to put myself out there, to connect with myself if with no one else, and to be responsible and accountable to myself. If others enjoy what I do-or hate what I do-or whatever it is about what I do that compels them to react in some way-then good. Then the Universe is working the way it's supposed to work. This is is my year to be honest and open and to not let other people put me down or keep me down. I often use is as a soap box to show things the ex does to me-I also use it to profile the weird artistic things that I do-and to show people how to screw things up since I have to screw something up in order to do it myself. :-) I never think I am any good at anything-sometimes people comment on my posts and work and they say nice things and it makes me cry because I don't know what people can see or why they would say anything I do is good. But people keep coming back and they keep saying nice things-and it is starting to sink in that maybe I do have something, maybe a small something that needs to be broken up, broken down, polished, shined, polished more, but there is something. Maybe I do have something.

This blog is me, reaching out to the world, letting the world in. Giving volume to my little tiny voice-and being happy in the sharing. Even when I am not feeling well, or am overwhelmed, or am hurt or angry or tired or sad-or happy and joyful and blissed out and overly saturated with an unconditional and passionate love from my very best friend. I come here to honour myself, my friends, my children, my home, my goofy pets, the whole nine yards, even the exs in their due time and course.

I don't think I need to quote past posts to prove my point. Just read about any of them. :-)

I think I have accomplished all of that-and I shall continue to accomplish all those things. I don't plan on changing a thing. :-) I am actually tickled to death anyone else reads this stuff but me some days. :-)


I think that covers my article writing for the moment, doesn't it?

Now, my real problem is giving out the award. I hate having to pick blogs to do this to--because there really are SO many good and inspiring and incredible blogs out there-some I visit nearly every day-some I get to once a month-I have no clue where to begin.
So, I am going to take a page from Hybrid J's post and I am going to give this award to EVERYONE.
Everyone who comes here to read my blog and who sees this post -- this blog award is for you and for your blog.
Why?
Because you deserve and I love you and it needs to be spread around as much as we can.

Now-come get your award-you've earned it.

Blessings.