The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Monday, May 4, 2009

A Simple Woman's Day Book



For Today...

Outside my window...
it is bright and clear and slightly breezy, with birds chirping and chattering to one another.

I am thinking...
that I am completely forgetting everything I had set in my mind to do today...and that I need another dose of meds for my sinuses. :-)

From the learning rooms... it is back to the painting board today...

I am thankful for... everything...from my children, my home, the lawn freshly cut, the wonderful man in my life, my past, my present, my future, the sunlight, the breeze, the telephone ringing...

From the kitchen... English muffins spread with rose hip preserves....with fresh tea.

I am wearing... jeans and a tank top, w a sweater over it because of the slight chill. And 2 octopus tentacle hair sticks.

I am reading... several books all at once: The Incarnating Child by Joan Salter; A Year Of Creativity by Brenda Mellon; Awakening the hidden Storyteller by Robin Moore; Drawing with Children by Mona Brookes; The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women by Gail McMeekin.


I am hoping... that one certain situation resolves itself very very soon.

I am creating... oh so many things-- a cleaner more nurturing home--art journals--altered books--surrender boxes--new works of art--new thoughts and dreams--new ambitions and goals....

I am praying... see the last two items above and then add in good thoughts and love for my children.

Around the house... there needs to be some work done, but overall the place is not a wreck, for once....

One of my favorite things... is listening to my daughter sing the very strange songs she makes up on her own. And watching the certain video the bf and I made together, over and over, for no reason at all, just because it makes me smile and think really happy thoughts.

A few plans for the rest of the week... more writing--more gluing--more embellishing--more journalling--more blessings.