The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Backgrounds




There is something about music lately that has been winding its way through my soul...not that I don't always have music on somewhere in the house...this is different...music wants to be seen in my art work. Who am I to say no?

Wish the red one showed up in person as nicely as it does on camera. In person it is difficult to make out the secondary blotch of red, where I used a completely different shade of red, but it blended in all too well after it dried.

I love the pink one. I am just not a pink person, but hey. When I painted it I had no clue what I was doing. I didn't realise I was painting a flower. I didn't notice the whole flowery aspect til days later. I was too busy trying to figure out what sort of collage to do over pink, what theme, what imagery. Then I was sitting here last night, on a call, flipping through my art journal, when it dawned on me--it is a flower. I like the flower. I think I shall write a poem or something to go over it, something that accents rather than hides the background and the --flowery-ness of the thing. :-)