The Knitting Journeyman

Gathering Up One Thread At A Time As I Weave This Web Of Mine.....

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Poetic Asides Day 1

Fearless True Love

All I wanted in this world
Every day of my life
Was to be truly loved
Just for who I am
All I asked for
Was genuine acceptance
I wanted to fly
Knowing there would always
Be someone there
To catch me
To never let me fall
I just wanted to feel safe
Secure
Well-grounded
I wanted someone
To believe in me
To implicitly trust me
To have overwhelming faith
In me
To respect me
I wanted Real Love
I wanted True Love
It didn’t even have to be
Romantic
Here I am today
I have it
It blows me away
It terrifies me
I don’t ever want to lose it
But
I don’t trust me
What can I do
But have faith
In the one who has
Such faith in me
Believe in myself
Because he believed first
And then
Never let go